- Journey (CP1919) is a new work by Max Richter, commissioned by the Aurora Orchestra. Part of Aurora’s Music of the Spheres, the piece will be performed in the dark and is inspired by the discovery of the first Pulsar star, CP1919, and uses rhythms governed by the same ratios used by the ancient astronomers to describe the orbits of the planets. Information on June 2019 performances in Bristol, Canterbury, Birmingham and London HERE.
- 12 Oct. 2019 - LOS ANGELES, CA
- 13 Oct. 2019 - PALO ALTO, CA
- 16 Oct. 2019 - SEATTLE, WA
- 18 Oct. 2019 - AUSTIN, TX
- 19 Oct. 2019 - CHICAGO, IL
- 20 Oct. 2019 - NYC, NY
- 27 Nov. 2019 - HAMBURG, GERMANY
- 28 Nov. 2019 - FRANKFURT a.M., GERMANY
- 29 Nov. 2019 - DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY
- 17-18 Feb. 2020 - LONDON, U.K.
- 8-10 May 2020 - PARIS, FRANCE
Across 7 U.S. cities this October, Max Richter will perform with the American Contemporary Music Ensemble (ACME) and Soprano Grace Davidson to premiere new material from his forthcoming album, as well as ‘From SLEEP’ (90 min. – concert performance version).
12 Oct. Royce Hall – Los Angeles, CA
13 Oct. Bing Concert Hall – Palo Alto, CA
14 Oct. Herbst Theater – San Francisco, CA
16 Oct. Moore Theatre – Seattle, WA
18 Oct. Moody Theater – Austin, TX
19 Oct. Harris Theater – Chicago, IL
20 Oct. Playstation Theater – NYC, NY
From Studio to Screen is an original mini-documentary, made in collaboration with the British Council, that charts the process a musician goes through to compose for film. FACT gets insights from Max Richter, Anna Meredith, Lustmord and Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury about their beginnings, their high points and their relationship with the global film industry. See the full feature HERE.